Lactate is a well characterised and known indicator of metabolic stress. Measuring an endurance athletes lactate threshold is standard practice for establishing physiologically relevant training zones and exercise prescription. Power-to-weight at lactate threshold is an important biometric parameter, predictive of event success. Fully reliable lactate threshold testing and profiling provides insight into an individuals strengths and weaknesses, but also acts as an effective tool for productive training, without the need for trial and error.
This FREE info series PDF highlights the main aspects of Lactate Threshold profiling, its practical use and critical role as part of an effective training programme for all types of cyclists….
- A basic introduction into the physiological context of Lactate Threshold.
- Why Lactate Threshold power to weight ratio is the main determinant of performance.
- What are the main benefits of profiling lactate threshold power and heart rate?
- How is Lactate Threshold measured?
- Lactate Threshold profiling in practice; Example I.
- Lactate Threshold profiling in practice; Example II.