Your event strategy
Pacing is a ‘rarely’ discussed yet crucial skill. The benefits of a predetermined pacing strategy is often under appreciated leading to poor overall performance and results, regardless of endurance fitness.
This FREE info series PDF highlights important considerations in pacing strategies to achieve the optimal result your event, making the most of the fitness you have worked hard for, and applying it to your challenging event course and terrain. The following topics are covered…
- A brief overview of optimal pacing.
- Oxygen debt; efficiency, economy and threshold.
- Start strategy, terrain and weather.
- Effort prediction, feedback and The Central Governor Theory.
- The perfect race? Ball-Buster and Boston Marathon as examples.
- How can pacing help in highly variable road-racing?
- How does Heart Rate/ a power meter help improve pacing?
- Modelling performance and predictive pacing strategies.
Who am I? A biochemist and metabolism scientist with a background in applied physiology. I prescribe effectively personalised training programmes to a small yet diverse client based, to overcome their challenges and limitations that are preventing them from being fully competitive, excelling or just thoroughly enjoying their chosen endurance sport!
As a dedicated sports scientist, I also have a substantial background in road-racing and marathon which compliments my extensive practical knowledge of the disciplines and requirements to go faster for longer, and achieve desired success.
Please sign-up to download your free PDF or get in touch to understand how I can help you train beyond your current limits!